Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Paying my dues... finally rewarded (by Jordan)


I visited a new stream today and I was really impressed. It flows through a beautiful, deep limestone canyon and there are dozens of waterfalls cascading down the sides into the main current. I started today with the mindset that I wanted to out walk every other fisherman and attempt to find some unpressured fish. I walked about a mile and a half before I even started fishing, but much to my dismay two guys appeared around the bend, having fished all of the holes in front of me. I couldn't believe the number of people fishing this creek on a weekday, no less. Apparently you just can't escape the people in Western NY. I finally settled on a deep dark hole that was the most fishy look place I had seen. After a half a dozen drifts , I hooked into this beautiful chrome steelhead. After a short 5 minute battle, I was able to tail the fish. Unfortunately, I realized that I had left the camera battery at the house so I had to take this crappy pic with my cell phone. This was the only fish of the day for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment